Nothing says Sunday breakfast like French toast.
French toast is known in France as pain perdu, which translates to “lost bread,” because it makes delicious use of leftover bread. Learn to transform bread, eggs, and milk into an indulgent brunch dish with our recipe.
2/3 cups of Dano full cream powdered milk
8 thick slices of bread (better if slightly stale)
Honey or Jam
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and sugar in the cake pan.
- Place the frying pan on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Place four slices of bread into the mixture to soak for one minute.
- While the bread is soaking, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Lift one piece of bread from the mixture.
- Lay the bread gently in the frying pan.
- After a few minutes, peek under a slice of bread to see if the French toast has turned golden and browned and turn to the other side
- Serve hot with jam or honey.
It isn’t that difficult, or that messy, to make golden, crispy-edged, truly delicious French toast. Try it and share with your loved ones today.