Remember your favorite treats from your boarding school days?
We were super creative then. Noodles with cold water was part of our lives and experiences as students.
However, no treat made as much impact as the Famous Garri Cake!
It is super easy to prepare, contains ingredients already in your kitchen and can be done in less than 40 minutes.
2 cups dry Garri*
1 cup Granulated Sugar
11⁄3 cup Dano full cream powdered milk
1 cup of chocolate powder
- Add a little water to your dry garri, to make a paste.
- Add sugar and butter to the garri paste
- Mix until it has a smooth consistency
- In a separate bowl, add milk, chocolate powder, groundnut and sugar
- Mix till fine mixture is achieved.
- Add your chocolate mix to the garri mixture, mixing as you add them.
- Whisk for 5 – 10 minutes
- Cut the dough in small sized pieces and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Served chilled and enjoy!
If you didn’t taste it in school, your school experience wasn’t complete.
Try it out today, and let us know what you think.