Is popcorn the ultimate happy food?
Not really; studies have shown that the serotonin found in the gluten-free grain can have relaxing, mood-lifting effects. No wonder it’s such a popular party appetizer, late-night snack, and most importantly, the ultimate companion for movie nights.
We’ve found a cool recipe that pumps up popcorn’s nutritional profile, and makes it a real pleasure to eat.
Let’s dive in, shall we?
12 cups of popped popcorn
2 1⁄2 cups of salted peanuts
1 3⁄4 cups of Dano powdered milk ( any variant will do)
1 cup of corn syrup
1⁄4 cup of butter
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Grease a large roasting pan with butter.
- Combine popcorn and nuts in prepared roasting pan.
- Combine corn syrup, milk and butter in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Set medium heat, stirring constantly
- Pour popcorn and toss well to coat.
- Loosen popcorn from pan and allow to cool slightly in pan.
- Remove to a serviette lined sheet to cool completely.
And you are done!
Kids of every age will love these crunchy Milk Popcorn treats! Try this recipe and tell us what you think.