These delicious savoury muffins taste great especially when eaten warm. Not only that, they also have a slightly bread-like texture and real cheesy taste you will enjoy.
Plus, they can go well in your kids’ lunch boxes.
Here’s what you need to get started:
- 1 ¼ cup of flour
- 1½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 50g of beef, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of cheese
- 6 table spoons of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 2 cups of milk
- 50ml of oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
- Grease the muffin tins with oil
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly
- Add grated carrots, beef and cheese.
- Using your fingers, lightly mix them.
- In a different bowl, whisk together milk, egg and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir lightly until combined
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Cook for 15 mins for mini muffins and 25 mins for the larger ones.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 mins before removing to a cooking rack.
Now that your savoury muffins are ready, you can eat immediately or keep them in the fridge for a few days and enjoy whenever.