This French recipe also known as burnt cream, or Trinity cream is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel. It is normally served at room temperature.
Our professional tips will help you to create this crunchy-and-custardy delight.
Lets Dive in!
11/4 cup of Dano full cream milk
4 yolks of egg
1-tablespoon of vanilla essence
½ cup or 120g of sugar to caramelize the surface
For the mango chutney:
¼ cup of sugar
½ cup of water
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
½ teaspoon of arabic mixed spices
2 small ripe mangoes, fresh and cut into cubes
HOW TO PREPARE
- Mix Dano powdered Milk and water – bring to boil.
- Remove from heat; add the egg yolks and vanilla essence to the mixture and sift.
- Divide the mixture equally over 2 bowls.
- Place the bowls in a deep pan filled with water.
- Place the pan filled with water in a preheated oven at 100 °C,
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the texture is firm.
- Remove from the oven, cool aside and then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and cover the whole surface of each bowl with a thin layer of sugar.
To prepare the mango chutney:
- Combine all its ingredients together, except the mango, in a saucepan,
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add the mango and keep aside to cool.
- Serve the crème brulee with the mango chutney on top or aside as a condiment.
Try this delicious recipe at home and share with your loved ones.