Cashew nuts are versatile and can be eaten as a snack or incorporated into many recipes. This recipe shows you how you can make a Cashew nut cake treat for your family, in the comfort of your own kitchen.
¾ cup of butter
½ cup of sugar or
1½ cups of unsalted cashew nuts
1 cup of plain flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
200g of Dano Powdered milk
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Place butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat using an electric beater until mixture changes in color or becomes smooth.
- Add eggs gradually to the mixture with constant beating.
- Then add the ground cashew nuts, plain flour, vanilla, milk, soda and baking powder.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until it comes out clean and top is golden.
- Cook until bottom is golden brown, flip and cook other side.
Cooked to a sunny golden-brown, these cashew cakes are a quick indulgence to warm you up for the day ahead.