Popcorn is the ultimate happy food.
No, really—studies have shown that the serotonin found in the gluten-free grain can have relaxing, mood-lifting effects. No wonder it’s such a popular party appetizer, late-night snack, and most importantly, the ultimate companion for movie time.
But as healthy as popcorn can be on its own, concession stands and prepackaged varieties often serve it drenched in salt and sugar.
We’ve found a cool recipe that pumps up popcorn’s nutritional profile, and makes it a real pleasure to eat.
Let’s pop in, shall we?
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup Dano Full Cream Milk (dissolved)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a large pot, heat the butter on medium heat and let it melt completely.
- Then pour in the corn kernels, sprinkle some salt and stir.
- Cover the lid completely and allow the kernels to pop.This will take only a few minutes to start popping.
- Shake the pot at intervals to prevent burning.
- Once kernels are done popping, combine some maple syrup, milk and butter in another bowl and pour into the pot of popped corn.
- Stir continuously for 1 minute and turn off heat.
- Drizzle some maple syrup to enjoy!
And you are done! Every family will love these crunchy Milk Popcorn treat! Try this recipe out and tell us what you think.