Potato corn-chowder is a rich creamy dish, as nutritious as it is filling. It tastes equally delicious without meat or chicken, which can be replaced with mushrooms for vegetarians.
Here’s how to make this scrumptious meal.
- 3 tbsps. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1 cup of milk
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup of corn, shelled and boiled
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stock cube
- ¼ cup flour
- Minced fresh parsley (optional)
- ½ cup boiled beef or chicken (optional)
- Fry the onions in oil until soft
- Add the broth and the potatoes, and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until potatoes are tender
- Stir in the corn, milk, seasoning, salt and pepper
- Stir into soup, and increase the heat so it comes to a boil
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened
- Add beef or chicken; sprinkle with parsley if desired.
It’s the perfect family meal for lunch or dinner, because your kids will love the creamy taste!