Milk jelly is a delicious treat made from a blend of milk, vanilla and any sweetener of your choice set with gelatine. This cool treat is perfect for a hot day and is great when served with chopped fruits.
Here’s how it’s made.
- 6 tbsps. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 2 cups of milk
- 2 tbsps. sugar or honey
- ¼ tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsps. unflavoured gelatine
- Chopped fruits (optional)
- Dissolve the gelatine in 3 tbsps. of warm water
- Keep stirring until it melts
- In a pan add water, sugar and vanilla essence and cook until boil
- Stir in the milk and melted gelatine
- Keep stirring over the heat for a couple minutes, then pour immediately into desired mould or bowls.
- Let cool, then keep in the refrigerator for about 2 hours till set
- You can add chopped fruit to the mixture once it cools before you refrigerate or serve it by the side once it sets.
Setting jelly requires patience. Try to refrain from opening the refrigerator repeatedly until the desired time given. If it hasn’t set till then, give it another half hour.
Milk Jelly keeps for a week if refrigerated. You can also try the recipe with Dano Flavoured milk powder for a sweeter, richer taste!