If you’ve got powdered milk, you could just make your own powdered milk butter from it.
Powdered milk butter is an easy-to-make homemade alternative that looks like margarine but tastes just so creamy like milk. Nonetheless, this milk butter is not as hard as your regular butter, it’s more like margarine texture, spreads easily and actually tastes really good.
Here’s how it’s made.
- 1½ cup Dano full cream powdered milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut or olive oil
- Salt (optional)
- Add the powdered milk to a bowl. It is faster to combine with a blender or food processor.
- Add the water and then the oil.
- Mix rapidly until it starts to thicken. Don’t stop mixing until its starts getting very thick.
- You can then add salt at this point if desired.
Store the butter in a sealed container in the fridge and use within a month.