Not only are Chive Pop-overs airy buns, they are a quick fix for breakfast, lunch or dinner, spiced with chives (green onions) to give it a fresh, subtle flavour.
You’d enjoy learning how to make these desserts.
- 3 tbsps. of Dano powdered mixed dissolved in water to make 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tbsps. of butter (melted and divided)
- ½ cup of cheese, grated (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chives/green onions
- ½ tsp. of salt
- Grease 12 cups of a muffin tin with at most 1 tbsp. of the melted butter.
- Mix I tbsp. butter with the milk and eggs in a blender for about a minute until it is frothy.
- Add the flour, chives and salt to the blender, and blend until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Put the greased pan in the preheated oven for three minutes just before filling with the batter.
- Blend the mixture in the blender again for a few seconds
- Remove muffin pan from oven and pour the batter into the hot pan
- Sprinkle some cheese over each cup if desired
- Bake for 20 minutes until well puffed
Serve immediately with a cold, refreshing glass of Dano milk.