Here, we bring to you, the ultimate comfort food – Custard bread pudding!
Custard bread pudding is a savoury dish that is mostly served as a dessert.
And you know what?
Among other ingredients, eggs & milk are what make this dish a fabulous treat!
So, let’s give you the recipe on how to make yours. Trust your family is going to love this!
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. of light brown sugar
- 30g butter
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tbsp. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 140•C.
- Grease baking pan with butter
- Trim edges off bread and cut into cubes.
- Place into a dish with your groundnuts or any other topping.
- In a mildly heated pan, melt butter
- Add milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and stir.
- Turn off heat and leave to cool.
- Whisk in the eggs and pour over Bread.
- Place the pudding in an oven tray
- Add some water to the tray and bake for 30-50mins.
Remove from oven afterwards and serve with any Dano variant of your choice. Bon Appetit!