Looking for a special dish for your family and friends during the weekend? Then this tasty and easy to prepare deep dish pork pie is just suitable for you to give a try – it’s nice and yummy.
They will all enjoy it!
Let’s get you started on how to prepare your deep dish pork pie.
Ingredients for Deep Dish Pork Pie;
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 ½ cups of diced potatoes
- 2 tbsps. of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of dried thyme
- 3 tbsps. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups diced of Pork
- 1 cup of peas
- Sufficient pastry for a single crust pie
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Cook carrots and potatoes in a small amount of boiling salted water and drain.
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, thyme, and milk.
- Stir into Pork.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smoothly thickened and mixture comes start boiling.
- Add carrots, potatoes and peas.
- Spoon into a shallow baking dish.
- Pour pastry into a circle 13 cm baking dish.
- Beat egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water.
- Brush over pork pie.
- Make several slits in crust and bake in preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes or until pastry is brown and pie heated through.
You can now enjoy your pork pie!