Are you tired of your regular Jollof and fried rice weeknight meal? We have chicken & tomatoes rice – a simple and fast recipe for you.
Toss together a salad and the rice to complete a satisfying weeknight meal.
Check out the ingredients below:
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. of dried thyme seasoning,
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups of rice
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 3 ½ tbsps. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1 ½ cups of milk
- 450g of boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks.
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of cheese (optional).
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook garlic, onion, basil in a pot with hot butter.
- Add 1 tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Stir for about 3 min or until softened.
- Add rice and cook. Stir for 1 min.
- Stir in chicken stock
- Then add some of the milk and bring to boil while stirring.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover the pot, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 min.
- Wash tomatoes and drain into the pot.
- Cook for 10 min.
- Stir until rice is still slightly firm to the bite and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Stir in the remaining milk and all the cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Your chicken & tomatoes rice is ready to be served!
- If you have leftover rice, it will thicken when refrigerated; add a little more milk when reheating it to get the soft consistency back.