Tired of the same conventional breakfast menu? Then you should try this Potato Breakfast Casserole!
The breakfast casserole is a flavourful combination of breakfast foods into one meal!
Here’s how it’s made.
- 3 tbsps. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1 cup of milk
- 5 small potatoes or 3 large potatoes (diced)
- ¼ cup of butter
- 8 eggs
- ½ tsp. of black pepper
- 1 tsp. of salt
- ½ cup of onions (chopped)
- ½ cup of pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups of shredded or minced meat/chicken, cooked
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms or mixed vegetables(optional)
- 1½ cups of cheese (optional)
- Lightly spray a medium-sized baking pan with cooking oil
- Melt butter and pour into the bottom of the pan
- Spread the potato cubes and mix with onions and peppers in the bottom of the pan
- Layer the meat/chicken (as well as the cheese, mushrooms and mixed vegetables if included)
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the top of the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Bake uncovered for one hour at 350F until set.
Pair it with a cold, refreshing glass of Dano milk and you’ll be full in no time!