Cmunda is a very popular dish in Czech. Cmunda is mashed potatoes fried in butter, you can’t help but enjoy the delicious crispness as you munch.
- 6 peeled raw potatoes
- ½ cup of butter
- 5 tablespoons of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Some black pepper
- 1 egg
- Grate the raw potatoes.
- Add in flour, garlic, egg, salt, black pepper and mix well
- Add the prepared Dano milk to make the mixture thin
- Heat butter in a frying pan
- Use large spoon to pour in thin mixture and fry until crisp on both sides.
- Repeat process until all is fried.
Serve the Czech style pancakes with a chilled cupful of Dano milk.