Take a step outside the norm and have a bite of this scrumptious cornbread. It has a creamy & moist texture, and definitely delicious with Dano full cream!
You can serve this with chicken pepper soup and make someone happy!
- 150g flour
- 150g cornmeal
- 250ml DANO milk (3 Tablespoon of milk dissolved in 250ml of water).
- 5g baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 113 butter
- 120g brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 140 C.
- Grease bread loaf pan.
- Melt butter & whisk in sugar and mix till pale. Put on medium heat for 30 sec. take out and leave to cool.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Add baking soda to milk and add to egg mixture.
- Sieve flour, cornflour, add to egg mixture and fold until batter is firm with no lumps.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-45mins. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out dry, then the bread is ready
Serve and enjoy with a glass of Dano.