Oat pancakes offer a healthy alternative to the traditional pancakes. It replaces flour with fibre-rich oats to create a light, fluffy stack that fills you up faster than you can clear them off your plate.
Here’s how it’s made.
- 2½ cups of Dano UHT milk
- 4 cups instant oats
- 2 tbsps. sugar or honey
- 2 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 ripe mashed banana (optional)
- Chopped fruit or shredded coconut (optional)
- Grind oats to powder in a blender, miller or food processor.
- Combine all the ingredients with the oats in a bowl until smooth, including the mashed bananas if desired.
- Leave the batter for about 20 minutes so the oats can soak in liquid from the other ingredients and thicken the batter.
- Heat your pan and grease with a little butter or oil
- Pour your batter and let cook about 2 to three minutes per side.
Serve into plates and top with chopped fruits or shredded coconut if desired.