What better way to switch up breakfasts than with this yummy citrus tea loaf?
Sounds adventurously exciting!
You just can’t get enough of this mouth-watering loaf, all glazed with a generous mixture of lemon and orange to give it a twist of tang and refreshing flavour.
Let’s get you started and fill the air with a lovely citrus aroma as you bake this delicacy.
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of orange juice
- 3 tbsp. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 ½ of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ of tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. of finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp of finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 of cup butter
- ½ of cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Use a small bowl to stir lemon and orange juice with milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat lemon and orange zest with butter and sugar in a separate bowl until it’s creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla until well mixed.
- Blend all dry ingredients and the milk mixture until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool loaf in pan for 5 min. Invert onto a rack, set over a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, stir together lemon juice and sugar.
- Boil the mixture for 2 mins to thicken slightly and then remove from heat.
- Using a thin skewer, poke lots of holes all over the top of warm cake.
- Slowly spoon warm syrup over top of cake. Cool completely.
Serve and enjoy with any Dano Flavoured Milk variant!