How would you like a creamy corn cereal pap on a Saturday morning?
Pap is a popular meal in most Nigerian homes, especially for breakfasts. It is commonly served with delicious Akara or Moin-Moin and makes for a filling meal.
Want to try out this tasty recipe? Let’s get cooking!
- 125g of cornmeal
- 4 tbsp. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 1 ½ cups of milk.
- 2 tsp. of light brown sugar
- Lemon zest/peel (optional)
- 1 vanilla pod or 2tsp of vanilla essence.
- Coconut shavings (garnish)
- Pour milk into a pan, add vanilla & lemon peel.leave to infuse for 5mins on low heat.
- Remove lemon peel. add brown sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Pour in your cornmeal and stir with a whisk immediately.it sticks easily and cooks fast.
- It is ready when you start to see air bubbles.remove from heat.
Serve hot with toppings and more milk.