This Scalloped Potatoes Gratin is an experience you won’t be able to resist sharing it with your friends. It’s just that good.
It’s filled with tender layers of buttery potatoes, and onions simmered with herbs and then topped with melty cheese.
Can’t wait to try it too? Here’s how to;
- 2 tbsp . of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of flour
- ½ of salt
- ½ of pepper
- 7 tbsp. of Dano powdered milk dissolved in water to make 2 ½ cups of milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 Irish potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cheese, shredded
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat;
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk, thyme and mustard.
- Cook, whisking constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased baking dish, layer one-third each of the potatoes, onions, cheese and sauce.
- Repeat layers twice and top with the sauce
- Cover and bake for 1 hour; uncover and bake for 45 minutes
- Do this until potatoes are tender and the top is browned.
Serve up and enjoy this tasty dish with your loved ones. Don’t forget to top it with a glass of frothy Dano.